Commissioned to make the signage for the refurbishment of the Science Museum’s Smith Centre, an event space originally built in 1890.
Traditional marquetry is used to create lift directories. Three different coloured metals are used to distinguish the floor levels. Brass, nickel-plate and silver plate typography is acid etched and set into laser cut fumed oak veneer. A patrons walls holds a display system of engraved name plaques with custom fixings used to replace and change names.
Client/ Science Museum, London
Design/ Science Museum Design Studio & Standard8